Tuesday, October 13, 2015


 

While the tumultuous relationship between Karrueche Tran and Chris Brown is over, the 27-year-old model and actress says the repercussions of dating someone with a reputation of the “Bad Boy of RNB” has been tough on her career.

With most knowing Tran through dating Brown, these days she’s focused on making a name for herself outside of the ill-fated relationship. “Negative stuff was being said and being brought up. A lot of people were like ‘she’s only famous because of Chris Brown’,”

Tran explained to BBC Newsbeat in a recent interview. “I feel like I shouldn’t have to explain myself to anybody because this is my life and I can do whatever I want. But in the same breath, it’s like, now that I am trying to focus on my career and get my stuff together, I have to clear up certain things.”

Since their public breakup earlier this year, the pint-size beauty has gone on to ink a modeling contract, score hosting and acting gigs and brand partnerships. But according to Tran, her recent wins haven’t been easy at all with many people being reluctant to work with her because of the man she once loved.

“A lot of people think I am a weak individual because of past situations and when it comes to business sometimes people don’t want to be involved with somebody like that,”Which is understandable, but it sucks, because I’m not a weak person.”

And as for the future, Tran is learning to let things go and not put any energy towards the hate.“I used to date him, and now as I am growing into myself and maturing and getting my career together, I am starting to have my own name without having to be associated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment