Saturday, January 10, 2015

RELIGIOUS MASSACRE IN FRANCE:Could same story Repeat in Nigeria


International community has been stirred up by the recent terror attack on a French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. Twelve people, including the chief editor and four well-known cartoonists, were killed by three gunmen over the caricature depicting Prophet Mohammed.
 Map of gun attack in Paris
Thousands of people from around the world, both Muslims and non-Muslims, have flooded the CNN iReport platform to express their grief, condolences and opinions on the tragedy. Jiga Entertainment has gone through the comments, and this is what the world thinks of killing in the name of religion.
Muslim community condemns the magazine for depicting Prophet Muhammad, which is forbidden in Islam.
Usman Bello: I am Muslim, but for me this caricature does not depict the real Prophet. Prophet Muhammad is very important to me and many other Muslims, but to the others he is just a man. Muslims should not pay attention to the ignorant, or in other words those with freedom of speech. We must not let our anger out and act like wild animals. I feel sorry for all those who were killed.
Ruxana Jabeen: I am Muslim and yes, I do find it offensive when someone deliberately and repeatedly plays with my religious sentiments by making fun of my Prophet. There is a difference between satire and humiliation, and freedom of speech doesn’t mean you deliberately hurt the sentiments of millions of people across the world. However, I equally condemn the incident that has happened in Paris, because Islam doesn’t preach violence at any rate.
Samhaa Mahmood: I think it is offensive. The French knew that making cartoons about the Prophet would be playing with fire. It was just stupid to do so! I am not saying killing people is good, but it is their own fault. They knew there’re some extremist Muslims out there that would do bad things in the name of Allah. I hope those who murdered innocent people will be punished. Islam is a very peaceful religion. But the rotten apples in the bowl make us all the blood-thirsty rapists in the eyes of the whole world. Such people are not the true face of Islam.
Similarly, many non-Muslims say the French cartoonists have obviously crossed the line by publicizing “offensive” pictures.
Daniel Allan: I am not Muslim. But I believe in respect for other people’s position. If their religion says their prophet should not be cartooned why go and try to offend them? I am not a Jew but I respect their feelings about the Holocaust. Why has Europe made it a crime to deny the Holocaust? Does that also violate the freedom of speech? Our ways are not necessarily the best. Let’s respect the others.
Rene Rose Stueber: Creating a satirical cartoon of the center point (Muhammad) of a repressed religious minority is wrong. All it does is radicalize young Muslims by throwing them in a pot with terrorists where they don’t belong. Christian countries seem to think it is okay to make fun of other countries’ authorities as they do to their own. What many have forgotten is that it can be very difficult to be a minority. Muslims are a repressed group in France. Therefore attacking the Muslim faith in satire is wrong. You can attack Al-Qaida, or IS, but do not attack Mohammed or Muslims in general, since these are not the same things at all.
Keith Gaebel: I’m not Muslim but I do find it offensive. If we don’t respect people how we can expect them to respect us.
Muslim community condemns the attack.
Souhaila Oudra: I am Muslim, and for me killing innocent people in the name of Islam is much more offensive than any cartoon can ever be. Our religion never taught us that people are not perfect. I am deeply sorry for the Charlie Hebdo families and yes, I say #RespectForMuslims all around the world. Stay strong.
Alee Akhtr: I do find images of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) offensive, but I also condemn the killing of the innocent people as my religion condemns it. I’m a Pakistani and I condemn Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Isis or any another terrorist organization, they don’t represent us all and we stand by the victim’s families. Islam is perfect, Muslims are not, don’t get confused.
Non-Muslims condemn Muslim community.
Emeti Nyong: Oh please! Jesus has been cartooned several times and even portrayed as being gay, yet Christians have not killed anyone. If you have strong Faith, it cannot be shaken by something as silly as a cartoon. Getting angry over a cartoon is the height of stupidity.
Davis A. Urdaneta:  Muslims are also mocking other religions and calling non-Muslims infidels. They’ve created this problem themselves! If they want Sharia rules to be observed they should apply them within the Middle East, but not bring them into the free world.
Nigerian people, what do you think about it? Do you find Prophet Mohammed’s caricature blasphemous? Would you justify murders if they are committed in the name of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment