Monday, May 18, 2015

First Lady Speaks About Her Health Crisis During Campaign

Nigeria’s First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has disclosed that she suffered health crisis during the re-election campaigns of her husband, President Goodluck Jonathan.


First Lady Speaks About Her Health Crisis During Campaign
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan
Mrs. Jonathan revealed this during a farewell service organised in their honour by the Aso Villa Chapel, The Punch reports.
According to the First Lady, her health problems were serious to the extent that she went to Germany in January to undergo one major surgical operation.
“Just two years ago, I went through operations upon operations. Within one month, I passed through 12 operations. It is wonderful. Some people said I was dead but God resurrected me. During the campaign period, the devil struck again. In pains, I was rushed to a hospital in Germany and the doctors said I had to undergo a major operation.
“I said, again? The electioneering campaign was still going on and I wondered how we were going to explain it to Nigerians. You know, even when you go for a check-up, they will be writing all sorts of things in the papers.
“I said I and my family have to handle this. My husband will continue with his campaign until the last day. That was how I went in for the first major operation in January,”  she said.
She added that her trip was made a top secret in such a way that she could take part in campaign rallies in the afternoon and sneak to Germany with the last flight in the evening.
Mrs Jonathan said that doctors were planning to hold another surgery but God miraculously healed her. She added that after her husband lost his re-election bid that she returned to Germany for the surgery and it was at the edge of being taken in when doctors decided to carry out medical tests again.
“I said again, they wanted me to be a sacrifice, but I will never be. I went to the bigger hospital. I booked for the operation and I was asked to go for the campaign. They gave me a new date.
“I had paid for everything and what remained was for me to enter the theatre. Then something happened. The doctors said, let’s check her again. By then, my husband had lost the election. I had started packing out of the Villa.
“Behold! I went to four hospitals again and the thing vanished. My doctors were surprised. They never thought that could happen.”
It would be recalled, that Mama Peace made her first public appearance after Jonathan’s defeat at Thanksgiving and Farewell service, held on May 10 at Church of the Advent, Abuja. Dame Jonathan looked really gorgeous that day.  She was full of smiles throughout the service, sang and danced to the rhythms of the church choir.
However, last week the First Lady faced some problems that could shatter her health again.
Following her decision to host the African First Ladies Peace Mission summit in Abuja on Friday, May 15, as against June, which is the scheduled date, Mrs Jonathan was handed a law suit.
The plaintiffs, whose suit was submitted at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, asked the court to restrain the First Lady from holding the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment