Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"I Can't Quit Acting Because Of Marriage" - Nollywood Actress, Dakore Egbuson-Akande


 

Seasoned actress, Dakore Egbuson-Akande, has expressed delight in being a part of the acclaimed movie Fifty. She also shared her views on marriage and being an actress. In an interview with The Sun, she described her appearance in Mo Abudu’s Fifty ‘as a roller coaster ride’.

She also talked about playing the character of Tola in the feature film. She urged people not to be quick to condemn others around them as everyone is battling one challenge or the other.

“I played Tola, a TV reality star, who is not happily married. She has a deep dark family secret that threatens her very core and she tries to come to terms with it. A lot of people can relate with it; we all have our battles, scars and areas when we cry at night. Just that we should not be quick to dismiss others, because, we are all going through something,” she said.

The mother of two also touched on her acting career. She said the grace of God was the reason she had remained in mainstream all through the years.

“There is no magic wand. I have the grace of God. It has not been a walk in the park. I have been filming since 2012 till I was a part of Fifty. I keep hoping for the best and I do my best whenever the op­portunity comes. I just have to do the work and God has been bringing the opportuni­ties my way,” she said.

She also said being a mother has been her biggest role till date and it gives her unending joy, adding that she strives to be a good role model to her kids but this doesn’t mean there are plans for her to quit acting.

She said: “I never thought I would quit the industry because of marriage; [rather] I thought I would quit the industry if the mediocrity continues.”

Dakore Egbuson-Akande is an actress who has been in the movie industry since 1999. She has over 50 movie appearances to her credit and has successfully managed to combine her career in Nollywood with running a family. She is married to Olumide Akande and they both have two kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment