Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Angelina Jolie Has Ovaries And Fallopian Tubes Removed After Cancer Scare


 

Angelina Jolie has revealed she has had her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed after doctors detected possible signs of cancer.

The 39-year-old star says her mother Marcheline Bertrand died when she was aged 49 and as a result, she (Angelina) wants to take preventive action now.

She revealed the decision in an op-ed for the New York Times.

“I lost my mother, grandmother and aunt to cancer,” she wrote.

“I wanted other women at risk to know about the options. I promised to follow up with any information that could be useful, including about my next preventive surgery, the removal of my ovaries and fallopian tubes.”

“I went through what I imagine thousands of other women have felt,” she said. “I told myself to stay calm, to be strong, and that I had no reason to think I wouldn’t live to see my children grow up and to meet my grandchildren.”

“I called my husband in France, who was on a plane within hours. The beautiful thing about such moments in life is that there is so much clarity. You know what you live for and what matters. It is polarising, and it is peaceful.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment